Sibiu is a medieval city, with an unique style and glamour, animated and filled with culture.
Sibiu holds one of the best preserved historical sites in the country, many of its medieval fortifications having been kept in excellent state.
In the Evangelical Church from downtown Sibiu, is the grave of Mihnea Voda The Evil, the son of legendary Vlad Tepes -DRACULA
Sibiu is the only city in Romania ranked 3-star Michelin in the Michelin Green Guide – meaning “must see”
Sibiu designated Europe’s Cultural Capital in 2007
According to Frommer’s, the world leader of traveling guides, Sibiu was one of the top 13 world holidays’ destinations at the end of 2008. Also in 2008, Forbes recommends Sibiu (position 8 in top European destinations) as an idyllic and unpolluted space, beside Copenhaga, Rome and Ljublyana.
Main local attractions:
- Astra Museum of Traditional Folk Civilisation
- Brukenthal Museum
- Historical squares
- Medieval fortifications.
Over 300 days cultural events and festivals per year:
- International Theatre Festival
- Transylvania International Film Festival
- International Festival of Lyric Art
- ArtMania rock festival
- Rockin’ Transilvania Festival
- Romanian Jazz Festival
- “Carl Filtsch” festival for young classical piano players
- “Astra Film” documentary film festival
- Medieval Festival